Wednesday, May 6, 2020

You'll Never Walk Alone


This morning while I was washing dishes I heard on a CD a soprano sing "You'll Never Walk Alone."  The music as well as the words brought tears to my eyes as I thought about the storm through which our world is walking now.  A soprano also sings it near the end of Roger and Hammerstein's musical Carousel, probably their saddest show. Here are a few of the lyrics:
When you walk through a storm,
keep your head up high,
and don't be afraid of the dark....
Walk on, walk on,
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone.
You can google all of Hammerstein's lyrics, but it loses a lot without Roger's soaring music.  A number of men have recorded it, but I think it's best done by a woman.












With hope in your heart
And yoou'll never walk alone

No comments: