Thursday, April 23, 2020

God's Plan


"You foolish men! So slow  to believe all  that  the prophets have said....Then, starting with Moses and going through all of the prophets, he explained to them the passages throughout the scriptures that were about himself (Luke 24:25,27.)  M. Dennis Hamm in The Paulist Biblical Commentary points out that Luke provides some of these passages in his Acts of the Apostles.
In Peter's sermon on the first Pentecost he quotes Joel 2:28-32, "I shall pour out my spirit upon all humanity....and all who call on the name of the Lord  will be saved....You will not abandon me to Hades or allow your holy one to see corruption (Psalm 16:8-11) The Lord declared to my Lord, take your seat at my right hand, till I have made your enemies your footstool (Psalm 110:1.)"
In a second sermon in Acts 3:22, Peter quotes Moses from Deuteronomy, "From among your brothers the Lord God will raise up for you a prophet like me; you will listen to whatever he tells you."  Defending himself against the rulers for healing in the name of Christ, Peter refers to Psalm 118:22: "This is the stone which you, the builders, have rejected, which has become the cornerstone."   "Princes plot together against the Lord and his Anointed."
From the beginning Love planned to become one of us and to die and rise to hold us in love.

No comments: