Friday, April 27, 2012

Intimacy


Predicted freeze didn't happen last night.  Wind kept up all night and today.  White caps on the lake.  Spring wins this round.
I've been meditating on John 10:14-18.  Jesus says, "I am the good shepherd.  I know my sheep and mine know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father."  The unique knowledge and love between the Father and Son is reflected in our relationship with Jesus.
It is a great comfort to me that Jesus knows me intimately, knows everything I am and everything about me, and still loves me.  That makes it very clear that I don't earn his love.  His love for me is not a response.  Jesus loves me, not because of who I am, but because of who he is.  His heart if full and overflowing with love always.
His unearned love, sometimes working through me, brings us all together in one flock.

No comments: