Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Dawn


The morning looked overcast and I had given up on getting a picture of an Easter sunrise. I walked into a room with an east window and saw this beginning to develop. I hurried outside into the cold morning and caught this glow.
On a wonderful calendar that I have from The Ministry of the Arts today's quote is from Ilia Delio's The Emergent Christ:
"The Spirit is released...new life, the transformation of earth into heaven."
The Risen Jesus becomes the source of the Holy Spirit who fills us and unites us to Jesus as he goes to the Father. The new life of Easter is for all of creation.
These verses from Ezekiel 36, though written long before Jesus, help me to reflect on this Easter gift. God says to us:
"I will wash you in fresh water....
I will make you a new heart,
breathe new spirit into you.
I will remove your heart of stone,
give you back a heart of flesh.
I will give you my own spirit....
You will be my people
and I will be your God."
(1994 ICEL translation)

No comments: