Monday, January 28, 2013

Snow Gently Falling


Saturday morning the snow was big fluffy flakes (clicking on the picture enlarges it.)  I hadn't gone for my morning walk for a few days because of the bitter weather.  But this gently falling snow coaxed me out.  On a winter morning like this there is no sound.  No vehicles out yet.  No birds, and of course no insect sounds as there are in the summer.   Deep stillness.  I felt almost as light as the snow.  As much as I love the tropics, I would not want to live where there is no snow.
Today's another story.  Freezing rain when I awoke, then just rain.  Temperature as I now write has gone up to 42.  Some sun on a hill here and there.  Some blue sky peeking through clouds.  It looks like much of the ice has melted, but there is still some on my driveway.  Makes me dream about walking on a Caribbean beach.

No comments: