Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick

 

In his Confession St. Patrick tells us that he was not yet 16 years old when he was kidnapped from his home in Britain and sold into slavery in Ireland. He worked alone as a shepherd. Even though he had not been a religious boy, he began spending a lot of time in prayer. He describes one of these prayer experiences this way: "Now I know this was because the Holy Spirit was glowing within me. Once again I saw Him praying within me, and it was as if He were in my body. And I heard Him over me, that is, over my inner self, and He was praying mightily and groaning. All the while I was astonished and amazed, wondering who it could be who was praying within me. But at the end of the prayer, He spoke to me, saying that He was the Spirit."
This makes it pretty clear that prayer is God's work.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: