Saturday, June 6, 2020

Relationships


I have a good copy of the above icon that I use to start my centering prayer in the morning.  Starting on the right, I address, "Holy Spirit, Jesus, Father, Love, in You I live and move and have my being.  Each day You show me that You are gracious Love."  A few short prayers and then, "You are Love with Whom I love You."
Trinity is a name that points to God as an eternal communion of self-giving love.  God is relationships.  Love relates to me as Energy that is always powering evolution and as Beauty that astonishes me everyday.  Love became a human being like me and carries my humanity and all humanity into the Divine.  Love within me relates me to every other person and creates unity in the Church and among all human beings.
For the last several years this way of looking at the Trinity has helped me grow in my relationship with God.  In past years other images and metaphors helped me.  In the years to come I don't doubt that other ways of looking at God may help me grow.  It is important to our spiritual growth that we leave ourselves open to the way that at this time in our lives makes the most sense to us. 



No comments: