Saturday, June 13, 2020

Eucharistic Meal



Because the loaf of bread is one, 
we, though many, are one body, 
for we all partake of the one loaf.
 1 Cor 10:17

What I miss most during this time of the virus is gathering around the altar table with the community of believers.  St. Thomas Aquinas tells us that the purpose of the Eucharist is to build up the community of the Church.

Because of my age and my health, I have made the decision to wait a lot longer before I gather with the community either in church or in the yard.  

2 comments:

DonnaMarie said...

Father Paul, that's a wise decision! I,too, miss gathering at Mass with our parish, but I know that I have to wait to be there. I pray that you are staying safe and well. We are the Body of Christ no matter where we are! God bless
Donna

Dudley said...

Dear Fr. Paul....you are making the right decision. We miss you but love you too much to risk your health. God bless.
Marlene