Wednesday, August 1, 2012

All-encompassing Love


Paul's phrase in Ephesians, "One God...who is over all and through all and in all," helps me to reflect on God who is Love filling and surrounding everyone and everything.  I imagine Love like the air which is everywhere.  I pray to Love, "In you I live and move and have my being."  Sometimes I feel  as if I am moving effortlessly, almost floating, in Love.
Paul's phrase in Ephesians, "One God...who is over all and through all and in all," helps me to reflect Like the air we breathe Love is within me, giving me life.  Love breathes in every human being, making us one.  This unity exists whether I ask for it or not.  Love wants it and it is Love who makes unity happen.
Continuing to think of Love as something like the air, I imagine Love filling and surrounding all the earth, all the planets, all the universes, all space, everything one in Love. 
Our wars, our political and religious differences, seem petty indeed when I live and move and have my being in all-encompassing Love, who is over all and though all and in all.

No comments: