Saturday, July 9, 2011

Drunken Farmer?

 

Mountain laurel in a nearby forest. Nature spreads these wildflowers extravagantly.
The farmer in Matthew 13;1-9 spreads the seed extravagantly, without caution. He seems to have an unlimited supply.
In my meditation I see the farmer as God and the seed as God's love which God spreads extravagantly, without caution. God does have an unlimited supply. God is Love. The most important thing I know about God is that God loves us graciously, freely, without condition. I can do nothing to earn God's love.
At times I may have a heart as hard as a path much walked on. I may be enthusiastic but shallow. I may be choked by the cares and pleasures of this world. Neverthless, God loves me.
Like rich soil, my heart at times may be open to God's love a little, a little more, a whole lot. God always loves me the same.
From the first human being to the last, from here to the other side of the earth, God spreads Love. Like nature with her wildflowers, like the farmer with his seed, God spreads Love without caution.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: