Monday, September 20, 2010

Letting Go

 

It's the time for letting go. We have had such a perfect summer and today is so beautiful it's hard to let go. I recently gave away some of my prized Christmas decorations. That wasn't easy for me. I even have hard time letting go of things that I have not used for many years. So things accumulate. I'm trying to get myself to start getting rid of them, but it goes against the grain. I read somewhere that it was typical for a Pisces to save even little knick-knacks because of the memories connected to them. An old man I knew who just died had such a hard time letting go of things that he had not made a will. In the autumn trees God shows me how beautiful letting go can be and how crucial it is to further growth.
Cardinal Newman said, "To live is to change and to be perfect is to have changed often."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: