Sunday, March 22, 2020

Meditation


I took my camera with me on my walk this morning.  On my way home I stopped at this spot for a minute as I often do.  I thank God for making me aware of God's presence in this beauty.  That's a kind of meditation. Sometimes I get sort of lost in the beauty.  That's more like contemplation.  My home is full of beautiful pictures, glass, stained glass, statues, crosses.  Sometimes they call my attention to God.  To oversimplify, meditation is talking to God, contemplation is getting lost in God.
We have the opportunity with the extra time that many of us have now to try meditation. All we need  to do is choose something beautiful and talk to God about it.

1 comment:

Lee K. said...

Fr. Paul
Excellent idea, will do! Thank you so very much for your efforts and this blog. During these trying times, it is a comfort to me, and I'm sure many others! Stay Strong and Healthy- LK

BTW If anyone would like to "attend" online Mass at The Basilica of the Assumption in Baltimore, the first Catholic Cathedral in the United States and a Marian National Shrine here's the link to Fr. Jame's latest parishioner letter with links & times at the Basilica.
https://www.americasfirstcathedral.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/COVID-19-Basilica-3-17-2020-Message.pdf