Monday, March 23, 2020

Do You Believe This?


While I took this picture in the country of Jordan across the River from the Holy Land, the tomb of Lazarus would have been like this. I used John 11:1-45 for scripture meditation today.  Stuck in my memory since I saw it is the scene of the raising of Lazarus from the old movie, The Greatest Story Ever Told. It  was shot as a wide scene from a distance looking down a gentle slope towards the tomb and Jesus.  We could see the crowds and hear Jesus shout, " Lazarus, come out!" This scene was in my imagination as I meditated.
After Jesus says to Martha,"Whoever believes in me, even if they die, will come to life," he asks her, "Do you believe this?"  In the meditation, Jesus also asked me.  I realized that in my whole life I had never doubted this and I felt deep gratitude.

No comments: