Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Spirit Within


As the setting sun moves further north its rays make this threeinone glass piece sparkle.
In just a few verses in Romans (8:9-11) St. Paul has us entwined with the Trinity.  The Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ have come to stay in us and play in us and catch us up into their eternal dance.   He says that the Spirit of the One who raised Christ from the dead is living in us for good.
In several current religious writings I have noticed a seeming reluctance to speak of God or Jesus living within us.  The authors talk of them "with us" or "by our side."  For me thinking of God or Jesus or the Spirit within me helps me realize just how intimate my relationship is with them.  This passage pulls us into that dynamic Love that is the Trinity.

No comments: