Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Euphoria


As I walked this morning I felt more alert than usual.  Simple things like these flowers by a fence delighted me.
I'm still riding high from the four celebrations that I had of my 50th anniversary of ordination.  I have been at a loss to get at the feelings that this calls up in me.  "Stunned" is a word that springs to mind.  Given my extremely critical nature, I wonder why I didn't just give up.  "Wonder" is another.  I'm amazed that I found a way  to be true to myself and true to the Church.  "Deep pleasure" to grow up along with all the exciting changes brought on by Vatican Council II, which started on October 11, 1962, the year I ordained.  I think euphoria was mainly what I was feeling today.  'Great gratitude" to God and to all the family and friends and parishes that helped me to hang in there.  That's the best I can do right now to express myself.

No comments: