Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Boundless Peace

 

Yesterday I used Isaiah 9:1-6 for my scripture reflection. I don't know why, but I always read this passage trying to think of myself in darkness and weighed down. For the past few years I have not felt weighed down. Yesterday for the first time I noticed that the text says the bad times are past. That fits me better.
"The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light; on the inhabitants of a country in shadow dark as death light has blazed forth." I thought of the solstice and the light now beginning to win out again. I found myself remembering some of the really dark times in my life and thanking God for the light taking away the darkness.
"...as people rejoice at harvest time..." reminded me that I am in the autumn of my life and made me think of all the good that God has done through me and of all the good that has been done to me. Such a harvest fills me with joy.
"For a son has been born for us....Wonder-Counsellor, Mighty-God, Eternal-Father, Prince of Peace, to extend his dominion in boundless peace...." I thought of the wisdom that God shares with me more and more as I grow older. I reflected on our God who is not only all powerful but an eternally loving Father. All of these reflections bring me contentment and joy, boundless peace.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: