Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Melt My Heart

 

I took this picture from my bedroom this 7th day of April. Decided not to go out for my walk. Temperature was 21 degrees and there was a fierce wind. The snow was heavy and blowing horizontally. We got maybe 2 inches. Already at 1:30 PM lots of it is melting.
I remembered another April snow in recent years that had prompted a blog. Looked it up. April 17, 2007, we had five and a half inches over two days and then it melted even more quickly. At that time I thought of Johnny Mathis' song "The Twelfth of Never." I got it out and am listening to it right now. I have been singing it off and on all morning as a kind of prayer: "Hold me close. Never let me go. Hold me close. Melt my heart like April snow."
And now, a surprise, it has started to snow hard again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: