Saturday, June 28, 2008

Into Full Summer

 

The morning sun catching the mist in this scene reminds me that I am walking into full summer. Green everywhere. All the waiting of winter and all the promise of springtime fulfilled.
I finished my retreat with eight others on Friday. It was based on the writings of St. Paul, a favorite saint all my life. And this weekend turns out to be the feast of SS. Peter and Paul.
In 1974 I began keeping a book of quotes that meant a lot to me. On page two are these quotes from St. Paul:
"I live, now not I, but Christ lives in me." (Galatians 2:20)
"By the grace of God I am what I am, and God's grace in me has not been in vain." (First Corinthians 15:10)
More than anyone else Paul has made me aware that Jesus is living in me now and always. The presence of Jesus is me is not something I have earned. It is by the grace of God, God's unearned love, that Jesus lives in me and makes me aware of his presence and enables me to live my life in love of him and others.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: