Saturday, February 11, 2017

Our Lady of Lourdes


Today is the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes.  She appeared to Bernadette, a poor peasant girl, several times over a month.  During one of the apparitions a spring began flowing out of the ground and continues flowing today.  Many healings there have been verified.  
I went on a military pilgrimage to Lourdes in May, 2014.  With more than 20,000 there from all over the world there was a strong sense of world unity and the possibility of peace.   This river added to the gentleness of the place.  I couldn't keep up with all the ceremonies, so I went across the river and spent some time alone in prayer.  I took this picture from there.  A friend whom I prayed for there in a specific way has survived throat cancer.
I pray to Our Lady today for a friend who has a deadly disease and another who is today in the hospital.

No comments: