Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Faces

 

These men were in a band that I heard playing one evening along the River Seine in Paris.
It is impossible to find God in ourselves and in nature without finding God also in every human being. In a reflection on final judgment Karl Rahner says, "...the face of the Son of Man, from whom we will be able to read our verdict, is already looking at us mysteriously through every human face we see, since all are his brothers and sisters. This face if looking at us through the pure face of the child, the worn face of the poor, the tear-stained face of the sinner, even the bitter face of our so-called opponent and enemy."
I started imagining my ongoing judgment: looking into the faces of those whom I have hurt and into the faces of those whom I have helped.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: