Thursday, April 24, 2008

Profusion

 

"Sitting still, doing nothing, spring comes and the grass grows by itself" is a Zen saying on the 2008 calendar that I finally hung on my kitchen wall this morning, a third of the way through the year. A good way to spend spring -- and life, for that matter. Our efforts count for nothing. "Can any of you," asked Jesus, "however much you worry, add a single day to your span of life?" (Luke 12:25)
I hope this picture doesn't go the way of the disappearing tree. I took this picture yesterday. These violets are growing wild in a field. I don't like calling them violets since the purple ones are my favorite and come close to the color violet. But since there are white and yellow "violets" I guess it's ok. Three warm sunny days have given many plants the courage to bloom.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: