Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Dream

Posted by Picasa


I woke this morning from a dream that made me feel happy and contented. There were a lot of people. Most of them had something orange that was sort of a scraper with which they were cleaning themselves of sin. Another sizeable number had red containers that were collecting grace. Some finished with the orange scrapers and got red containers.
I had neither. There were others here and there who had neither. I wondered why I didn't have a red container. I didn't really want one. In fact, it seemed that just wanting was what got someone an orange scraper or a red container. I was very content as I was.
We all seemed to be headed somewhere, but in no order and in no hurry. More like quietly drifting.
Someone into dream analysis might come up with some grand or embarassing interpretation. I figure it for a Lenten dream, heading toward Easter, getting rid of sin, being filled with God's life and God's love. The happiness and contentment that I was feeling as I came out of the dream makes me guess that I am satisfied for now with what God is doing with my life.

No comments: