Wednesday, January 2, 2008

9th Day of Christmas


I continue to savor Christmas. Lights and carols. New snow helps to prolong Christmas.

The last day of the year I took about an hour to look back over the year. I made a list of "bad stuff" and "good stuff." Though there were some pretty bad things the good list far outweighed the bad. That's not always the case but it was last year and I am grateful. God was clearly at work in some of the stuff.

I noticed that some of the best stuff was accompanied by bad stuff. Two visits to my sister in Hawaii were among the best. Traveling there and back included some of the bad. I confused plane tickets, lost two pairs of glasses, nearly ran out of money in San Francisco. I was reminded that I must learn to concentrate better if I am going to travel alone.


No comments: