Thursday, April 19, 2007

Melt My Heart Like April Snow

I haven't been able to get on line since we lost electricity Monday night. From Sunday night to Tuesday morning we had 40 mile an hour wind and constant snow. By Tuesday morning we had had five and a half inches of snow. As I drove through the woods the north facing side of every tree trunk was plastered with snow from the ground up. Spectacular sight. I was thrilled with the beauty of it and felt a sort of ache because I couldn't take it all in. Just so with God.
When we had some snow for Easter the phrase "April snow" kept coming into my head from some old song and I couldn't think what it was. I asked after Mass if anyone knew where it was from. Some man asked, "Would you be thinking of "The Twelfth of Never?" That was it, so I memorized the song and have been singing it a lot since then. This m0rning as I was walking and noticing that in just two days five and half inches of snow had almost entirely disappeared, I started singing it and it occurred to me that the line "hold me close, melt my heart like April snow" made a good prayer.

No comments: